Thursday 10 April 2008

Favour of a Bookish Nature

I dunno... I must be soft in the head or something. I seem to have taken to doing favours this week. Now, if I believed in a concept of the Hereafter (beyond "What's s/he here after?") then this might make sense. Alternatively, if I was one for leaping on a karmic cycle then I could see the point. But as it is, I'm more of a "when you're dead, you're dead" kind of chap. Maybe, in the grand scheme of things, not believing in a Grand Scheme of Things means I have a Darwinian reason for doing favours. Who knows?

Whatever the reason, here I am again - doing a favour (and avoiding writing the MMC and Ruta Maya posts... which is bad of me). This one relates to books. I received a request in world to tell you about the SL Book Fair, 2008 - here is the press release, so you can note it in your diaries:

SL Book Fair 2008
25th to 27th April 2008
Book Island and Publishing Island


It's here again and this time bigger and better than ever! The 2007 fair saw 1400 visitors in three days, over 40 exhibitors and nearly 20 events.

In 2008, we will be across two sims (eight times more land) with 50 exhibitors and 100 book related shops with around 50 events. SL Book Fair isn't just about books - exhibitors include writers, publishers, editors, bloggers and anything word related!

TO GET UPDATES: If you'd like to be kept up to date about the book fair, please join the Book Island Events and Discussion Group and nearer the fair, we will group notice with more details.

TO EXHIBIT: If you'd like to exhibit, please send a notecard to Selina Greene that includes your avatar name, a brief description of your proposed exhibit and an indication of whether you'd like to hold an event (priority event scheduling given to exhibitors). Or, touch one of the red boxes located at the landmarks above for more information. Booths are available for rent for L250 a week for a two week period. We will be in touch after we receive your application.

TO HOLD AN EVENT: If you'd like to hold an event at the fair, please notecard Kitumscheid Writer or Angeline Blachere who will send you a notecard to fill out.

We hope to see you there!


By the way, if you are wondering why I still haven't done the 2 sites mentioned earlier, it's just that it will need a lot of time - and I never seem to have enough. Just to cut to the chase... visit them both, they're both marvellous builds.

No comments: